Shares of Godfrey Phillips were among major losers on Wednesday, even though the company clarified that it was not aware of any stake sale plans by its promoters. The stock plunged 9 per cent. Bajaj Finance rallied 5 per cent after reporting record quarterly profits. CG Power jumped 5 per cent following quarterly earnings. BSE flagship Sensex gained 231 points for the day to 41,198 while its NSE counterpart Nifty rose 73.70 points to 12,129. “A recovery in the global market and likely dovish stance from FOMC offered relief to the domestic market. This time the importance of Budget is substantial, due to high expectations. The Budget will be a blockbuster one even if a decent part of wish list is fulfilled. The event risk is high this time,” said Vinod Nair, Head of Research, Geojit Financial Services. Here is a lowdown of the movers and shakers of Wednesday’s session on Dalal Street: Record high net lift Bajaj Finance Shares of Bajaj Finance jumped 4.95 per cent to Rs 4,421 after the company reported highest ever consolidated net profit for December quarter at Rs 1,614 crore on the back of healthy interest income. Chola Finance drops 1%Cholamandalam Financial Holdings, a… Read full this story
- RBI's 3-pronged strategy to revive PMC Bank
- Nine of 10 most valued firms take over Rs 3.96 lakh crore hit in m-cap; RIL biggest loser
- 'None of them know what's about to hit them': Matt Hancock's former adviser reveals moment he found out UK had its first COVID case - as Britain reflects on a year of the crisis marked by PPE shortages, a test and trace fiasco and late lockdowns
- Battle to get home to Britain: Britons dash for last flights home from Dubai before 1pm travel ban comes in TODAY - but some holidaymakers try to fool border controls by flying via the EU while others joke 'we'll just have to stay in sun'
- Omkar Relators' MD & director sent to ED custody till January 30
- Omkar realty group's chairman, MD arrested in money-laundering case
- Modi's infrastructure splurge revives investment in India
- Doubled healthcare spend, new agri cess
- Next round of Indo-China talks to focus on Depsang, entire Eastern Ladakh region
- Coimbatore college students develop satellite for ISRO
Bajaj Finance and ITI fly; YES Bank hit again have 353 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at January 29, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.