London-based oil major BP plc in its Energy Outlook for 2019 has projected India's energy consumption rising by 156 percent between 2017 and 2040 and its energy mix evolving slowly, with dependence on fossil fuels falling from 92 percent currently to 79 percent by 2040. India's scientists, particularly those involved with nuclear energy development, have always given a serious consideration to the growth of the energy sector. They have consistently maintained that the relationship between per capita availability of energy and growth rates is intimate and essential. Nirmala Sitharaman will be presenting her second budget as India's finance minister on 1 February, with energy security a key area of focus in budget proposals for 2020-21. "As a country, India is committed to achieving energy security . I don't subscribe to the view that nuclear power or energy security can ever be held hostage to budget-related allocations. Nuclear power, gas-fired plants etc., are areas that demand maximum priority from the government. Budget allocations will rise and fall depending on the requirements of the economy. One positive emerging out of the 2019-20 Budget was the removal of customs duty on raw materials and capital goods for nuclear power,” Indian energy analyst Narendra… Read full this story
- Why India is at a crucial crossroads
- After Afghanistan, retaining human capital must be a top Defense priority
- Tension rises as North Korea nuclear deal unravels
- Could the West do a deal with Putin to keep the lights on this winter?
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Uber - Build Back Better items on chopping block
- World Wrestling Entertainment Inc (WWE) Q3 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- Gas prices jump as Russia keeps a lid on supplies
- Manchin Hasn’t Killed Biden’s Climate Agenda (Yet)
- DNC 2020 Day 1: Michelle Obama, former rivals rally behind Joe Biden as they take aim at Trump's COVID-19 response
- A Turkish foreign policy treading on Ottoman footprints
Atomic Energy Security India’s Priority, Can't Be Compromised By Budget-linked Decisions: Analyst have 308 words, post on sputniknews.com at January 28, 2020. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.