Overview of Đà River hydroelectric plant in Hòa Bình Province. — VNA/VNS Photo Trọng Đạt HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam’s rivers have greatly contributed to socio-economic development, but over-exploitation in recent years has seriously affected this valuable resource, an expert has said. Dr. Đào Trọng Tú, head of the Việt Nam Rivers Network, was speaking at the network’s annual workshop in Hà Nội on Wednesday. The benefits from rivers were huge but protection seemed to be ignored, he said. A rapid increase in population and rapid socio-economic development were resulting in uncontrolled and unsustainable tapping of rivers’ potential. Rivers are associated with human life, so protecting rivers helps to ensure the survival and prosperity of the country, he said. The workshop was an opportunity for relevant parties and the community to discuss measures to protect rivers and work towards sustainable development, said Tú. At the seminar, participants gave presentations on issues such as water security in the context of climate change and socio-economic development in Việt Nam, as well as the development of hydro-electricity on the Mekong River and exploiting, using and protecting sustainable water resources. Delegates also discussed energy development and water pollution, including small/medium hydropower development in Việt Nam such as Sapa Hydropower Plant in… Read full this story
- Two Earths would be needed to sustain human activity by 2030, report finds
- Arizona needs an 'economic developer in chief'
- Federal funding needed for ‘Gateway’ Hudson River tunnel: Port Authority
- Jason Kidd preaches Nets need time to develop
- Dreamers need not reveal use of phony social security number when filing for Obama program
- The world needs more entrepreneurs
- Student nonprofit Y Innovations eyes creative solutions
- Water advocates: Bill passed by Arizona Senate, House threatens San Pedro River
- Fate of Arizona's only free-flowing river now in judges' hands
- Pequannock River guardian ends his watch
Việt Nam needs solutions for sustainable development of rivers have 313 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 6, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.