US President Donald Trump on Thursday used a White House meeting of far-right social media provocateurs to once more criticize big tech firms such as Twitter and Facebook for what he sees as their unfair treatment of conservative voices. “We’re not going to be silenced,” Trump said. “Big tech must not censor the voices.” The US president has frequently claimed — without evidence — that major internet companies, including his favored communications outlet, Twitter, are biased against him, even suggesting that US regulators should sue them for anti-conservative leanings. He announced on Thursday that his administration would explore “all regulatory and legislative solutions to protect free speech and the free-speech rights of all Americans.” Read more: Is Facebook doing enough to combat fake news? ‘Genius, but bad’ At the same time, Trump praised his guests at the “social media summit” — who did not include representatives of big tech firms — for their often extreme online behavior, while admitting that their presentations sometimes crossed the lines of accepted protocol. Watch video 07:05 Share Donald Trump’s Social Media ‘Summit’ Send Facebook Twitter google+ Whatsapp Tumblr linkedin stumble Digg reddit Newsvine Permalink https://p.dw.com/p/3LxIU Donald Trump’s Social Media ‘Summit’ “Some of you guys are… Read full this story
- Best feature phones 2018 – these ‘dumb’ handsets will help you ditch social media
- Fizziology breaks down social media buzz surrounding next Xbox... err, 'Xbox 720'
- What is Scroll Free September, why are people giving up social media and what levels of the challenge are there?
- Trump slammed for suggesting Aretha Franklin worked for him in tribute to Queen of Soul
- Hatred, free speech and one developer's connections with Poland's far right (correction)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts VS Battlefield 4: Social Media Has Ghosts Edging Out Battlefield 4
- Social Media Sites Including Facebook, Twitter & YouTube To Combat Online Hate Speech In Europe
- Supreme Court weighs in on whether violent posts on social media should send you to jail
- Hate Speech Laws Excuse for Russian Social Media Crackdown
- Clean Your Social Media Feed: How To Block Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Kim Kardashian & Everything Else?
Trump slams tech firms at 'free speech' social media summit have 351 words, post on www.dw.com at December 7, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.