While everyone is focused on impeachment, there’s another issue—an older issue, which hasn’t gone away—that’s nagging the voters. And it could be a sleeper-win for the Democrats next year. Yes, we’re talking about health care. Health care isn’t in the national news today, but it was big in the 2019 election campaigns, and that wasn’t good for the GOP.What do the 2019 elections tell us about Donald Trump in 2020? The off-year elections were not good for Republicans. They lost both chambers of the Virginia state legislature and were shellacked in suburban Philadelphia. Most saliently, of the three gubernatorial races—Kentucky, Louisiana, and Mississippi—they lost two. And one of those, Kentucky, was a Democrat pick-up. So what do these elections portend for 2020? For Donald Trump reelection prospects? Short answer: We don’t know. For the longer answer, we might recall a little history, looking at these same off-year elections in years past. And if we do, we see that the pattern is that states oftentimes—but not always—zig one way in the off-year election and zag the other way in the presidential election. For instance, in the 1983 gubernatorial elections, when the same three states—Kentucky, Louisiana, and Mississippi—chose their chief executive, the Democrats swept all three, including a pick-up… Read full this story
- What a Biden victory could mean for energy, health care and tech stocks
- Democratic hopes on health care rest with Georgia Senate races
- Buttigieg: McConnell will have to decide if he'll stand in the way of health care, tax plans
- GOP tries again to get high court to ax health care law
- A Biden win sows hope in health care sector
- Virginia Senate debate sees Warner, Gade clash on Trump, race, health care
- It's Over: Senate Republicans Just Failed To Pass Their Last-Ditch Health Care Bill
- Trump vs. Biden’s health care plans: Where do the candidates stand?
- David Shor’s Postmortem of the 2020 Election
- Democrats head toward House control, but lose incumbents to GOP
Pinkerton: Beyond Impeachment, Health Care Remains the GOP’s 2020 Weak Spot have 329 words, post on www.breitbart.com at December 21, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.