Madrasa teachers are now being trained to impart education in mainstream formal subjects like Hindi, English, Marathi, maths, science, computers and other regional languages, Union Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said on Saturday.Naqvi also said the school dropout rate among girl students from minority communities has plunged to 35 per cent now from 70 per cent in 2014.Naqvi was addressing the valedictory session of madrasa teachers training programme at Anjuman-e-Islam here.The programme was organised by the ministry. The training was provided by Anjuman-e-Islam.“Besides religious teaching, Urdu, Arabic and other languages, madrasa teachers are also being provided training for mainstream formal education like Hindi, English, maths, science, computer etc,” a statement quoted Naqvi as saying.The ministry had launched a campaign around four years ago to connect madrasas with mainstream formal education system, he said.“A large number of madrasa teachers have been trained in mainstream education. It is heartening that these teachers include a large number of female teachers,” the minister said.Naqvi said over 300 teachers have been trained under the programme in the first six months of the second term of the Narendra Modi government.Reputed institutions such as IITs, Aligarh Muslim University, Jamia Millia Islamia, Jamia Hamdard, Anjuman-e- Islam and… Read full this story
- Less blame, more charity: Teacher organises 1,200 care packages for Ruby Princess crew - with Tim Tams, Vegemite and personalised notes for those stuck on virus-stricken cruise ship
- School won’t return ‘until June at the earliest’ say education sources – as millions of pupils begin home lessons after the Easter break ends
- PICTURED: Veteran Mountie and mother-of two elementary school teacher among at least 18 dead in Canada's worst ever mass shooting after gunman disguised himself as a cop on 12-hour rampage 'which started with his ex-wife and her new boyfriend'
- U.S. Intelligence Has No Evidence North Korea's Kim Jong Un Is in Grave Condition, Officials Say
- Death of a schoolboy: why concussion is rugby union's dirty secret
- Schools will not reopen ‘until at least June’, education chiefs say - as two thirds of pupils have not logged onto online lessons during lockdown while poorer children will get free laptops
- Coronavirus live updates: Federal government says $300 billion in stimulus relief coming this week
- Coronavirus live updates: Governor says California has 15,999 hotel rooms for homeless
- 'I can't give you a date': Education Secretary Gavin Williamson dodges calls to spell out coronavirus 'exit strategy' despite claims ministers want schools to reopen after May 11 in ‘traffic light’ system to stop lockdown destroying economy
- India's Muslims feel targeted by rumors they're spreading Covid-19
Madrasa teachers trained for mainstream formal subjects, says Union Minority Affairs Minister have 417 words, post on m.hindustantimes.com at December 1, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.