Shares ended lower Thursday as investors remained cautious about the ongoing trade conflict between the United States and China. The Korean won fell against the dollar.The benchmark Kospi fell 8.15 points, or 0.39 percent, to close at 2,060.74. Trading volume was moderate at 463 million shares worth 4.5 trillion won ($3.8 billion).News that Washington and Beijing are nearing a phase-one trade deal buoyed the stock markets in early morning trade, but the main index retreated as investors took a wait-and-see attitude toward progress in a yearlong trade war between the world’s two biggest economies.Trump said Wednesday that discussions with China are going very well, giving a boost to Asian stocks. But investors remain concerned about his earlier comments that he had “no deadline” and doesn’t mind waiting another year before striking a deal with China, analysts said. While attending a NATO summit in London Tuesday, Trump suggested “the idea of waiting until after the election,” which is set to take place in November.Tensions between the United States and China resurfaced last week after Trump signed a legislation that supports Hong Kong protesters. “Investors appear to be doubtful about reports that the two sides are set to strike a deal that… Read full this story
- GRAINS-Wheat, soybeans inch higher as trade uncertainty lingers; corn slips
- Yearender: 2019 sees roller-coaster ride for U.S. industries, consumers amid trade uncertainty
- Global shares mixed as investors eye NKorea, China-US trade
- Trump's trade war with China is starting to get out of hand
- Free trade signings stimulate success
- Global markets mostly higher amid trade optimism
- Persistent uncertainty: What will be impacted most by US-China trade deal?
- Exclusive: Trump vows to fix or scrap South Korea trade deal, wants missile system payment
- Asian stocks mixed on trade optimism, strong US data
- Low purchasing power, political uncertainty mar rights issues in 2019
Kospi inches down due to trade uncertainties have 303 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at December 6, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.