India batsman Shivam Dube made his ODI debut in the first ODI against West Indies at MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai. The 26-year-old batsman made his debut for Kohli-led side in the T20I series against Bangladesh last month. Despite not making a mark with the bat, Dube managed to get a few wickets with the ball, and was recalled for the series against West Indies.
In the 2nd T20I, Dube hammered 54 runs in 27 balls to help his side post a challenging total of 170. Even though, India failed to win the match, the left-handed batsman made a mark enough to get a call into the ODI squad.
Speaking after losing the toss, and being asked to bat, India captain Virat Kohli said: “Very happy to bat first. It looks like a dry track as the spikes are going in so the surface is not hard. And we would have batted first anyway. A decent total on the board would put us in a strong position. In 50 overs, it’s not easy to hit throughout the game, strike rotation is important and that’s where our bowling attack becomes lethal.”
He added: “West Indies are a dangerous side and we can’t take them lightly. It is good for us to bat first and it is better suited to our game. The guys who are not playing are Manish Pandey, Mayank Agarwal, Chahal and Shardul Thakur.”
India (Playing XI): Lokesh Rahul, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli(c), Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant(w), Kedar Jadhav, Shivam Dube, Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami
West Indies (Playing XI): Shai Hope(w), Sunil Ambris, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran, Roston Chase, Kieron Pollard(c), Jason Holder, Keemo Paul, Hayden Walsh, Alzarri Joseph, Sheldon Cottrell
- Dream11 Team Prediction Sri Lanka vs West Indies 2nd ODI: Captain And Vice Captain For Today SL vs WI, Probable Playing XI, Match Start Time at Mahinda Rajapaksa International Stadium 2.30 PM IST
- India vs Australia 3rd ODI Highlights: Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli Star As India Clinch 3-Match Series 2-1
- Dream11 Team Prediction West Indies Women vs Pakistan Women, ICC Women’s T20 World Cup, Match 8: Captain, Vice-Captain And Fantasy Tips For Today’s Cricket Match WI-W vs PK-W at Canberra
- India vs New Zealand: In accepting defeat, Virat Kohli outlines attitude and character of Team India
- India vs New Zealand: ‘Not out and out swing bowlers’ - Sanjay Manjrekar explains big difference between India and New Zealand pacers
- India vs New Zealand: ‘Stop roaming, start playing’ - Twitter users after Mayank Agarwal posts picture with teammates
- India vs New Zealand: ‘Do not understand selection, new team in almost every match’ - Kapil Dev questions India after defeat in 1st Test
- South Africa Captain Faf du Plessis Weighs In On India vs Australia Test Series
- India vs New Zealand 1st Test Highlights: India 144/4, trail New Zealand by 39 runs on Day 3
- India vs New Zealand: ‘Will start doubting if even singles are not coming’ - Virat Kohli’s message to batsmen