With queues snaking past street corners, things can get very hectic. After all, the queue is made up of hungry people, coming from across the globe, just to try a plate of the Michelin star soy sauce chicken rice. Things can get hectic says Malaysian-born Chan Hon Meng, who is fondly referred to as Hawker Chan but he says that all the effort he puts in is directly linked to the fruits of his labour. The award of one Michelin Star from Michelin Guide Singapore in July 2016 gave Chan great pride. But it’s also hard work. So, what does he like to tuck into after a busy day? Something quite simple like the man himself. “White fragrant rice,” tells ET Panache. While he’s eaten at quite a few Michelin star restaurants himself, on his recent trip to India with Singapore Tourism Board (STB), Chan is looking forward to trying Indian food. He says, “Indian cuisine has influenced cuisines across the world, especially those of South East Asia. I have always been intrigued by the variety of flavours that each part of the country offers and I am excited as I will get a chance to taste and experience some… Read full this story
- Pub cleaner reveals how she's bagged £70,000 worth of freebies including holidays and Michelin-star meals by entering online competitions - and usually wins a prize EVERY day
- 'Erotic weight gainer' who tips the scales at 500lbs reveals he eats 10,000 calories a day to maintain his 'ball gut' and keep his OnlyFans followers entertained
- 'So happy I made it home for this': Myleene Klass shares sweet breastfeeding picture with son Apollo, 12 months, following long day at work
- Thomas Rhett's wife Lauren Akins says she and country star 'struggle just like every other married couple' as she promotes revealing new memoir
- Bear Grylls Treasure Island star Elissa reveals devastating 1.5st weight loss after six weeks of ‘starving to death’
- Mouthwatering meals for less! As M&S cuts prices on everyday items, their resident chef reveals how you can feed your family for less than £2 a head!
- Jessie J says she’d rather cook or clean than have sex after rekindling relationship with Channing Tatum
- Alan Carr reveals his teetotal husband Paul Drayton was tempted to start drinking again because of lockdown
- Lisa Armstrong, 43, appears to CONFIRM romance with married man, 37, after fans congratulate her on the happy news... three years after split from Ant McPartlin
- 25 best UK meal delivery services to order in the UK: Mindful Chef, Gousto & more
Hawker Chan, the man behind cheapest Michelin-starred meal, reveals what he likes to eat after a long day have 415 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at December 19, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.