Job-seekers see hopes of a fair re-test being crushed after govt’s decision to form an SIT splits up agitation, dub this as ‘ploy to cover up the paper leak’ When 10.45 lakh candidates appeared for 3,901 vacancies in what was touted as “one of the biggest exams” conducted by the State government, they thought they finally had a shot at a better future. So when news of an alleged paper leak came to light, the youth were up in arms. Hundreds of job aspirants thronged the State capital, demanding that the exam be cancelled so that everyone got a fair chance during the re-test. The Gujarat government, which had dismissed the issue as stray cases of copying and stressed that it “will not tolerate efforts to tarnish the image of the government”, was forced to sit up and take note. It announced the formation of a four-member Special Investigation Team to probe the alleged irregularities. Even as this decision split up the student agitation, several of the agitators raised their voice against the formation of the SIT, dubbing it as a “government ploy to cover up the paper leak”. The Gujarat Subordinate Services Selection Board (GSSSB) held exams for 3,901… Read full this story
- School recruitment scam, a major worry for Trinamool govt.
- Explained: The 16-year-old assets case in which ex-Haryana CM OP Chautala was convicted
- BJP big guns to lend Himachal CM Jai Ram Thakur a hand as corruption, factions mount hurdles
- Ex-Haryana CM Chautala gets 4-year jail in assets case
- ‘Says it all!’ BBC U-turns on hiring ‘most biased presenter yet’ after fierce backlash
GOVERNMENT CLERK RECRUITMENT SCAM SHATTERED! have 262 words, post on ahmedabadmirror.indiatimes.com at December 6, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.