Executives of companies from the two countries at the India-Việt Nam Textile Cooperation event held in HCM City on November 21. — VNS Photo HCM CITY — The garment industry has called for investment in the underdeveloped textile, dyeing and fabric segments to meet the global supply chain demand, according to the Việt Nam Textile and Apparel Association (VITAS). Speaking at a business interaction event titled India-Việt Nam Textile Co-operation event held in HCM City on Thursday, Vũ Đức Giang, VITAS chairman, invited Indian companies to invest in the yarn, weaving, dyeing, and printing segments to take advantage of the market access provided by free trade agreements that Việt Nam has signed. He expressed hope that co-operation between India and Việt Nam would benefit both countries. K Srikar Reddy, the Indian consul general in the city, said: “Bilateral trade in textiles between India and Việt Nam has registered impressive growth during the last two years. Indian textile and clothing exports to Việt Nam grew 48 per cent during the last two years from US$390 million in the 2016-17 fiscal year to $578 million in the 2018-19 fiscal year. “However, there is significant untapped potential for trade in the area… Read full this story
- Scholar Says US Military Ties Could Be Trap for India
- Despite China's Assurance, India Has Reasons to Look Other Way on BRI
- Modi tells Xi summit will launch 'new era' for India and China
- Kazakhstan's trade with India reaches $ 1.2B
- Could the skills gap stifle the IT sector's future success?
- East Midlands Trains passengers promised 'more seats, services and state-of-the-art trains' by new operator
- Finnwatch: Minister Berner's company's Indian subcontractor tramples workers' rights
- Economic and Monetary Union of the European Union
- What UK Brexit trade tariff plans mean for shoppers, business and farms
- Hikmat Hajiyev: Azerbaijan greatly values ties with Pakistan
Việt Nam, India enhance closer co-operation in textile sector have 298 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 22, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.