WINNETKA, IL — A Winnetka father accused the District 36 school board president and senior administrators of “blatant racism and discrimination” after he was banned from setting foot on district property without prior written approval. District officials restricted the man’s access to school property after the parent showed up for an unscheduled visit to administrative offices in April 19 and “yelled, used profanity, disrupted operations and displayed aggressive and intimidating behaviors toward staff,” according to a joint statement from Superintendent Trisha Kocanda and the board. Isaac Velin, 33, who has since withdrawn his child from District 36 schools, said that he has been treated like a second-class citizen because he is Hispanic. He served in the U.S. Navy’s Fleet Marine Force with Marine infantry from 2005 and 2011. During that time, he was deployed on three combat tours and received a Purple Heart, he said. “The discrimination I have faced has been an incredibly emotional and embarrassing chapter in my life, one that I will never forget,” Velin told Patch. “There have been dozens of microaggressions since I have lived in Winnetka that have made me feel unwelcome such as being asked If I was waiting for someone or what… Read full this story
- Southmoreland School District Teacher Faces Backlash After Allegedly Writing Racist Social Media Post
- Harry Potter and Other Books You Didn't Know Faced Censorship as Banned Books Week Begins
- San Francisco School Board Removes 44 Names from Schools: Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson
- EXCLUSIVE: Meet Roaring Kitty - the stock picking wizard who sparked buying frenzy by tipping GameStop shares on Reddit: Boston suburban dad with $650,000 home emerges as the man who cost Wall Street billions
- Students Rally At San Francisco Lowell High School To Demand Action Against Racist Incidents
- ‘Exploring White Fragility’: Longtime School Teacher Explains How Critical Race Theory Is Hurting Multicultural Classrooms
- Unions Move The Goalposts On School Reopenings To The Detriment Of Children
- Republican senators slam Dems over school reopenings amid COVID aid push, say unions 'displaced Dr. Fauci'
- Judge Blocks Biden From Implementing 100-Day Deportation Ban
- Thailand: schools prepare for reopening next week
School District Bans Dad Who Accused Administrators Of Racism have 339 words, post on patch.com at November 20, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.