The Supreme Court verdict dismissing the pleas seeking probe into alleged irregularities in the Rafale fighter jet deal “would not stand in the way” of the CBI from taking action on the complaint for lodging of an FIR, Justice K M Joseph said on November 14.It is “beyond dispute” that offences mentioned in the complaint filed by former Union ministers Yashwant Sinha, Arun Shourie and activist lawyer Prashant Bhushan are “cognizable”, he said.Justice Joseph said this in his separate but concurring verdict that rejected the pleas seeking review of the apex court’s December 14, 2018 judgement, which gave a clean chit to the Narendra Modi government in India’s deal with France to buy Rafale fighter.Close “However, it is my view that the judgment sought to be reviewed, would not stand in the way of the first respondent (CBI)…from taking action on…complaint in accordance with law and subject to first respondent obtaining previous approval under Section 17-A of the Prevention of Corruption Act,” he said. related news Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Q2 net profit at Rs 255.54 cr Government may pare stake in Indian Oil to below 51%: Report RPower Q2 net profit down 69% to Rs 45 cr As per Section 17-A… Read full this story
- Supreme Court Brexit case: 'No need' for MPs to get final say
- Why the Apple vs Samsung $1 billion verdict is correct and should stand
- On stand, Bill Cosby's chief accuser Andrea Constand says she wants justice
- Samsung wants to take its patent battle with Apple to the Supreme Court
- Uber faces $300m lawsuit as disgruntled Toronto taxi drivers take a stand
- If America really wants to drain the swamp, take a good look at AT&T
- Bill Cosby paid accuser $3.38 million in 2006 settlement, prosecutors say
- Bill Cosby's case returns to court for the first time since rise of #MeToo movement
- Comments for : Apple takes the helm as the biggest domestic phone maker & sells 1 million iPads
- Who Killed the Virtual Case File?
Rafale case: SC verdict will not stand in CBI's way from taking action, says Justice Joseph have 317 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at November 14, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.