The Liberal Democrats have taken their battle to force ITV to include Jo Swinson in its leaders’ debate to the High Court. The party has launched a bid for a judicial review of the decision, claiming the broadcaster has excluded Remain supporting voices. The debate will feature a head-to-head between Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn and Boris Johnson . Mr Swinson had said earlier in the week that her party would take legal action if ITV did not include her in the debate, scheduled for 19 November. Outside the Royal Courts of Justice, Liberal Democrat Party President Sal Brinton said: “The TV debates offer the only chance for people to see how leaders compare to each other directly, in a neutral, equal and balanced format. For many people this is the moment they decide how they will vote. Brexit debate represented at the top table of the Leaders' debates. Liberal Democrats , on behalf of all those who want our democracy to remain fair and balanced, are legally challenging ITV to do the right, fair and balanced thing. The BBC has also announced plans to host a head-to-head debate between the Labour and Conservative party leaders. Asked whether the party will also… Read full this story
- Jo Swinson fails to say 11 times who she'd back to be PM in hung parliament
- 'Empathy bypass': Jo Swinson attacks PM in tactical voting call
- ‘Cosy stitch-up’ by Farage and Tories makes it hard for us to win, says Jo Swinson
- Jo Swinson hints she WOULD go into coalition with Labour if Jeremy Corbyn wasn't leader as she repeats vow not to put him or Boris Johnson in to No10
- Election: Could Liberal Democrat Leader Jo Swinson Lose Her East Dunbartonshire Seat to the SNP?
- Jo Swinson admits she smoked a 'fair bit of cannabis' as a student and 'did inhale' - as angry debate viewer accuses her of being a 'Tory in disguise'
- Jo Swinson reveals she has been advised to wear 'lower cut tops' amid fears that the Lib Dem campaign is failing to win over voters
- Jo Swinson urges Lib Dems to make last push to thwart Boris Johnson
- SARAH VINE: Jo Swinson, the woman betraying women by swapping principles for populism
- Jo Swinson has been accused of a 'half hearted' campaign on the last day of the election
Liberal Democrats take bid to force ITV to include Jo Swinson in election debates to High Court have 379 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at November 11, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.