BTS and Monsta X each took home two awards at the very first “2019 V Live Awards V Heartbeat” ceremony held at Gocheok Sky Dome in western Seoul on Saturday evening.
Hosted by V Live, Naver’s live video streaming platform, BTS took home “The Most Loved Artist” award through fan votes; the septet received about 460,000 votes, nearly two times more than Exo, who cam in second place with 240,000 votes.
The group also received the “Global Artist Top 12” prize, given to 12 acts who have been supported by fans through the video platform.
BTS was not present at the ceremony.
Monsta X was also one of the 12 acts to receive the “Global Artist Top 12” award. The group also received the “Global Partnership” award.
“We love V Live because it allows us to communicate with our fans,” the group said during their acceptance speech.
Along with award presentations, many acts put on performances at the event. Mnet’s project boy band X1 was scheduled to participate, but as the “Produce” series has recently become mired in a vote-rigging scandal, they decided to cancel their appearance on Friday.
The group received the “Global Rookie Top 5” award.
Local K-pop groups as well as popular singers from around the world, such as Anne-Marie, Noo Phuoc Thinh and Afgansyah Reza also performed during the event.
By Lee Jae-lim
- Emmys 2018: Henry Winkler wins first Emmy Award for 'Barry'
- Kaspersky Lab wins Péter Szőr Award
- Why this man with a 'heart of gold' could win this special award
- Chorus of praise as financial advice firm in Spain wins major European award
- Top boss says winning Chad Business Award ‘helped us enormously’
- Motion to back craft shop to win top international award raised in parliament
- Ex-offender needs your vote to win national apprenticeship award
- GVB wins PATA Gold award for #instaGuam
- Panahi's film 'Three Faces' wins Best Film award at International Antalya Film Festival
- Melton supermarket worker who saved customer’s life helps Morrisons win first aid award