LEE ESTHER The author is a welfare and administration team reporter for the JoongAng Ilbo.On July 1, 2005, actress Brooke Shields wrote a column in the New York Times. The iconic actress of the 1980s and 90s wrote about her postpartum depression. She struggled with infertility and had an in-vitro fertilization procedure in order to have her first daughter. Right after giving birth, she fell into an unexpected depression. At first, she thought she was simply tired, but the condition grew worse. She recalled that she could not even stand hearing her baby cry and felt afraid the moment her husband handed her the baby. She said that she felt like dying. One day, she was driving with her baby and felt tempted to crash into a wall. She also discussed her experience of treatment. She said she wouldn’t have been the happy mother she was today without antidepressants and therapy. Shields suggested that pediatricians and Ob-Gyn doctors should instruct new mothers with signs of postpartum depression about symptoms and treatments. She testified in front of Congress to support a bill that would require depression screenings to women before and after giving birth. A celebrity’s public acknowledgement of her depression… Read full this story
- 'I actually love the show': Former Big Brother star Ryan 'Fitzy' Fitzgerald says he welcomes the series' reboot... but admits he's worried they'll try to make it too 'controversial'
- Krysty Wilson-Cairns, UK Stars of Tomorrow 2014
- Kevin Hart and Chelsea Handler join top-of-the-line names at star-studded Netflix Is A Joke event
- What 'Star Trek' Capt. Jean-Luc Picard Taught Me About Life ... And Love
- Section 31 Gets An Unexpected Recruit In Fast-Paced 'Star Trek: Discovery' Episode 'Point of Light'
- The awkward reality of Married At First Sight: Leaked commitment ceremony footage shows the stars' raw reactions to Jessika and Dan's affair WITHOUT the dramatic music and fast editing
- Collaboration Nation: Gwyneth Paltrow and Michael Kors Partner for Holiday Collection
- True Confessions of a Hollywood Starlet
- 'The Confession': Review
- 'Confessions,' 'Code' dominate video charts
A confession from a top star (KOR) have 336 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at November 18, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.