The White House told Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Tuesday that Donald Trump and his staff would not be participating in her ‘illegitimate’ impeachment inquiry because it amounted to an illegal attempt to overturn the 2016 election. ‘Put simply, you seek to overturn the results of the 2016 election and deprive the American people of the President they have freely chosen,’ White House Counsel Pat Cipollone wrote to the speaker and House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff, Oversight Chairman Elijah Cummings and Foreign Affairs Chairman Eliot Engle, who are overseeing the inquiry. The scathing, eight-page missive, was tantamount to a declaration of political war. In the letter, Cipollone argued the president and his administration ‘reject your baseless, unconstitutional efforts to overturn the democratic process’ and would not cooperate with subpoena requests. ‘Your unprecedented actions have left the President with no choice,’ he wrote. ‘In order to fulfill his duties to the American people, the Constitution, the Executive Branch, and all future occupants of the Office of the Presidency, President Trump and his Administration cannot participate in your partisan and unconstitutional inquiry under these circumstances.’ Cipollone danced around the issue of a full House vote on an impeachment inquiry, stopping short of directly calling for… Read full this story
- Nancy Pelosi expects Donald Trump impeachment hearings in November: Report
- Jeopardy for two White House lawyers as impeachment inquiry zeroes in on them over Donald Trump's Ukraine call being rushed on to secret server after Purple Heart officer 'raised concerns'
- Americans sharply divided over whether to impeach Donald Trump as new poll finds nearly 50-50 split on whether he should stay or go and inquiry forges ahead
- Nancy Pelosi expects televised impeachment hearings THIS MONTH - but warns that the Democrats' case against Donald Trump has to be 'ironclad'
- Donald Trump WILL host World Series champion Washington Nationals at the White House on Monday
- Stephen Colbert on the House vote: 'One step closer to getting Trump out'
- Westworld actor Jeffrey Wright compares Trump to cult leader Charles Manson in video collage of both men laughing after impeachment vote
- The Latest: Trump says H-1B visas 'very bad' for workers
- The Latest: Trump touts endorsement of Ben Carson
- The Latest: Trump reiterates objection to Common Core
White House throws down gauntlet to Nancy Pelosi and says Donald Trump will not cooperate with her 'illegitimate' impeachment inquiry because it is 'seeking to overturn 2016 election' have 360 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 8, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.