President Trump portrayed the “Phase 1” agreement he announced with China on Friday with typical fanfare, describing the pact in a tweet as “one of the biggest deals that’s been made in a long time, with China” and “by far, the greatest and biggest deal ever made for our Great Patriot Farmers in the history of our Country.” There are reasons to be cautious about those claims. The deal appears likely to benefit American farmers by increasing Chinese purchases of agricultural goods and gives some other businesses more access to the Chinese market. But the “agreement in principle” is limited in scope and exact details have yet to be put in writing — a process that has derailed negotiations with China in the past. American officials said Friday that they would work with China on finalizing an initial agreement in the coming weeks, with hopes of signing a deal when Mr. Trump and President Xi Jinping attend a summit of global leaders in Chile in mid-November. Here’s what we know so far about what the agreement might contain. What’s in the Deal Agricultural Products From Mr. Trump’s perspective, the centerpiece of the pact is a commitment by China to purchase… Read full this story
- Trump's 'New' Canada-Mexico Trade Deal Has All Kinds Of Improvements? Thanks, Obama.
- How excluding Canada in Trump’s new trade deal could hurt Texas
- POLITICO Playbook PM: Trump takes (early) victory lap on new trade deal
- Canada dairy farmers unhappy after meeting Trudeau on trade deal
- World Economic Forum Helps Vietnam Bill Itself as a Business Alternative to China
- Gordon Chang: Trump's latest China tariffs are the right thing to do
- China Once Looked Tough on Trade. Now Its Options Are Dwindling.
- Will Donald Trump’s Booming Economy Go Bust Before Working-Class Wallets See the Benefits?
- Trump's New NAFTA Shows What He Really Cares About
- Trade wars: Tariffs become election issues in farm belt, manufacturing hubs
What’s Really in the Trade Deal Trump Announced With China have 316 words, post on www.nytimes.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.