VANCOUVER – Some of Canada’s top doctors are sounding the alarm about vaping as the number of serious illnesses linked to the habit creeps upward. On Friday, health officials announced there are now three confirmed or probable cases of severe lung illness related to vaping across the country. The latest two come from New Brunswick, while the other was confirmed last month in Quebec. Another case that was reported in Ontario is still classified as an “incident under investigation,” and isn’t confirmed to be vaping-related. In response to the growing problem, the Council of Chief Medical Officers of Health released a renewed warning about vaping Friday that highlighted the potential dangers of using illegal products. “We cannot stand by and watch a new generation of Canadians become dependent on nicotine or be exposed to products that could have significant negative consequences for their health,” they wrote. The doctors noted that investigations into severe pulmonary illness in the United States have suggested products containing THC, the main psychoactive compound in marijuana, are playing a role in the outbreak. “The suspected cause is a chemical exposure, but the specific chemical or chemicals remain unknown at this time,” they wrote. “No single product… Read full this story
- New technology: Smoking With No Harm
- Trump signs drug law for terminally ill
- Mental illness 'doesn't discriminate'
- Kenya: Canada Pledges to Boost Girls' Education in Kenya
- Donald Trump’s US trade tariffs on exports are ‘illegal’, warns Canada PM at G7 summit
- CIA report: The 20 key findings
- Fear of mystery weapon surfaces in China as US diplomats fall ill
- Locked up in Canada 'over name mix-up'
- Decline in Ebola cases is encouraging but critical gaps remain, says MSF
- Cracking cold cases: Will Southern California investigators use family roots to track down elusive crooks?
Vaping alert: New cases of severe lung illness reported in Canada have 289 words, post on bc.ctvnews.ca at October 11, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.