(Adds analyst, background, updates currency) By Terje Solsvik OSLO, Oct 24 (Reuters) – Norway’s central bank kept its main interest rate unchanged at 1.5% on Thursday as expected and said the economy had developed largely in line with forecasts made in September. Norges Bank last month raised rates for the fourth time in a year amid solid domestic growth, but said further tightening was unlikely as the global economy gradually slows. All 35 economists polled by Reuters had expected rates to remain on hold ahead of Thursday’s announcement, and only eight of those — less than one in four — predicted any hikes at all in the next several years. “The Executive Board’s current assessment of the outlook and balance of risks suggests that the policy rate will most likely remain at the present level in the coming period,” Norges Bank Governor Oeystein Olsen said in a statement. The Norwegian crown currency weakened against the euro to trade at 10.1480 at 0825 GMT against 10.1287 just ahead of the 0800 GMT announcement. “The upturn in the Norwegian economy is continuing broadly in line with expectations in September. Underlying inflation has been as projected. Global uncertainty persists, and interest rates abroad… Read full this story
- British consumer keeps UK plc afloat as key sectors start to sink
- Could Rental Car Rates Rise in the United States — and What Can You Do?
- Bank of England keeps key interest rate on hold
- 'Thor: Ragnarok' plunders $153.7m from second international session (update)
- The Meg Was Almost an R-Rated Bloodbath, But Fans Will Never See That Cut
- Box Office Outlook: Some Enchanted Four-Day Weekend
- 'Thor: Ragnarok' plunders $151.4m from second international session (update)
- 'Thor: Ragnarok' rules international box office on $77.3m (update)
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' races to $106m worldwide (update)
- 'Justice League' takes international crown on $185m (update)
UPDATE 2-Norway keeps rates on hold, outlook intact have 294 words, post on www.reuters.com at October 24, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.