Five federal courts dealt blows to President Donald Trump on Friday just as the limits of his legal strategy to block an impeachment inquiry became clear. It amounted to a challenging end of a challenging week for Trump, who remains consumed by an impeachment crisis that is clouding his presidency. Within moments of each other, a career diplomat began painting a damning portrait of the President’s foreign policy to lawmakers just as Trump lost his appeal in a federal appeals court to stop a House subpoena of his tax documents, which he’s guarded fiercely since refusing to make them public as a candidate. Then, in rapid succession, judges in New York, Texas, Washington state and California sided against Trump administration initiatives meant to limit immigrants from entering the country – both through a physical barrier and by raising the requirements on migrants seeking legal status. Friday night, the man in charge of executing much of Trump’s immigration agenda, acting Homeland Security Secretary Kevin McAleenan, submitted his resignation to the President as the legal setbacks mounted. Long in the works, and by all accounts unrelated to the court decisions or the impeachment crisis, the move nonetheless fueled a sense of an administration in flux. McAleenan was the fourth… Read full this story
- GOP women offer personal testimonials on Trump
- Kamala Harris is Donald Trump's worst nightmare
- Trump threatens to veto Pelosi's $25BN USPS funding package as bill passes the House with the help of 26 Republicans who broke from the president
- Real people — and Michelle Obama — work best at a virtual Democratic convention
- The Hill's Morning Report - Jill Biden urges country to embrace her husband
Trump voters struggle to talk about impeachment have 272 words, post on www.cnn.com at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.