CHENNAI: Ahead of Chinese President Xi Jinpingâs two-day visit to Mamallapuram to hold bilateral talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi beginning on October 11, the Tamil Nadu police have either arrested or picked up at least 42 Tibetans , including a Tibetan activist and writer Tenzin Tsundue , in the last three days. Activists from Delhi had been in talks with Tibetan students in Chennai to plan a protest and show black flags to the Chinese President. The police said they had been authorised âto detain any Tibetan activist who attempts to stage protests, holds a gathering and violates law and order.â The police have also begun to gather details of foreign tourists visiting Chennai. Tibetan activist and writer Tenzin Tsundue Based on a specific tip-off by the Intelligence Bureau, the police on Sunday arrested Tenzin, an award-winning poet and writer and a native of Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh. He was arrested from Villupuram. The police booked him under Section 7(1)(a) of the Criminal Law Amendment Act read with Section 4 of The Foreigners Act (obstruction, intent to use violence and loitering). On Sunday, the Selaiyur police arrested Palden Dhondup, a leader of Tibetan students studying in Chennai, and eight… Read full this story
- Joe Biden, Xi Jinping meet virtually amid deepening US-China divide
- Putin, Modi, Xi summit in near future: Kremlin
- India mum on report about Modi's upcoming meet with Xi, Putin
- Xi Jinping has been taking on China's capitalists. Here's why that will change in 2022
- Xi Jinping flags Taiwan reunification, CPC achievements in his New Year address
- Xi Jinping’s Failed Promises Dim Hopes for Economic Change in 2nd Term
- Genocidal Chinese Dictator Xi Jinping Debuts Book on ‘Human Rights’
- Fox News host confronts Trump on praise for China's Xi Jinping: "He's a killer"
- Xi Jinping endorses Hong Kong’s elections
- 'Be Satark', Ramp Up Testing & Tracing: PM Modi After Review Meet Amid Omicron Scare
TN: Tibetans held ahead of Modi-Xi Jinping meet have 307 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at October 8, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.