HOUSTON: Thousands of people from all walks of life including police officers, Sikh believers, Indian-Americans and Houston-area residents turned out for the day-long ceremonies on early Wednesday to honour slain police officer Sandeep Singh Dhaliwal , who was shot dead on duty during a traffic stop last week. Dhaliwal (42), was the first Sikh sheriff’s deputy in Harris County with a population of over 10,000 Sikhs. Dhaliwal made national headlines when he was allowed to grow a beard and wear a turban on the job. He was gunned down while conducting a routine mid-day traffic stop in northwest of Houston on Friday. The fallen deputy’s funeral included processions, a traditional Sikh funeral and a law enforcement funeral with a 21-gun salute from fellow officers and a helicopter flyover. As ‘Amazing Grace’ was played on the bagpipes, members of HCSO folded the American flag that covered his casket and Sheriff Ed Gonzalez presented it to Dhaliwal’s widow who clutched it to her heart. Helicopters flew overhead followed by a 21-gun salute. After final ceremonies from the law enforcement memorial service at Berry Center, the Dhaliwal family and members of HCSO headed to the Winford Funeral Home for a closed cremation. Following… Read full this story
- Final Expense Funeral Insurance
- Ab King Pro Review - Should You Buy the Ab King Pro?
- An Honest Ab King Pro Review
- Ab Coaster Vs Ab King Pro
- Ab King Pro - Not Quite What I Expected
- Dumbbells Versus Kettlebells - Which is the Fat Burning King?
- Improved Fitness - Improved Income
- Secrets of Commercial Fitness Equipment Buying
- Used Fitness Equipment Repair Service Secrets That Can Save You Thousands
- How to Buy Used Fitness Equipment
Thousands attend fallen Sikh cop's 'fit for a king' funeral have 280 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at October 3, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.