WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State group who was killed in a U.S. military raid in Syria, according to President Donald Trump (all times local):1:10 p.m.House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is criticizing the White House for failing to notify congressional leaders before the U.S. raid in Syria that President Donald Trump says killed the leader of the Islamic State group.She notes that the U.S. let Russia know the raid was in the works.Trump said U.S. military helicopters flew over territory controlled by Russian and Syrian forces before landing at Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’s compound. He also said he kept lawmakers out of the loop because he was fearful of leaks.Pelosi says the Trump administration must brief Congress on the operation and on the administration’s overall strategy for the Mideast.Before the 2011 raid in Pakistan that killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, the Obama administration did give advance word to the top two Democrats and Republicans in the House and Senate as well as the four leaders of the congressional intelligence committees.———12:45 p.m.President Donald Trump says European nations have been a “tremendous disappointment” in what he says is their unwillingness to bring home captured… Read full this story
- The Latest: Pelosi says Trump ‘took a pass’
- The Latest: Pelosi says Trump wants to make US 'white again'
- The Latest: Schumer says Trump's proposal won't pass Senate
- The Latest: Democrats say Trump call confirms 'worst fears'
- The Latest: Pelosi says Democrats to sue over Trump's wall
- The Latest: Pelosi says US public has 'demanded a new dawn'
- The Latest: Pelosi says US cannot be 'reckless' on Iran
- The Latest: Pelosi says Omar unaware of Israel words impact
- Pelosi says Trump's criticisms strengthen her politically
- The Latest: Pelosi says plan for immigrants 'disrespectful'
The Latest: Pelosi says Trump kept lawmakers in dark on raid have 301 words, post on gazette.com at October 27, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.