The Sierra Club sued the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on Wednesday after the agency refused to turn over any documents to back up Administrator Andrew WheelerAndrew WheelerOvernight Energy: Study finds ‘forever chemicals’ in more locations | Trump officials approve Keystone XL pipeline right-of-way | Warren asks banks for climate plans Five states raise alarms about EPA coal-fired power plant waste disposal proposal Overnight Energy: Schumer votes against USMCA, citing climate impact | Republicans offer details on their environmental proposals | Microsoft aims to be carbon negative by 2030 MORE’s claim that climate change “is 50 to 75 years out.”The Sierra Club had filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request in April asking the EPA to provide all records Wheeler relied on in making that statement, as well as any research from the EPA that supported his claim.ADVERTISEMENTWheeler’s comments came in an April interview with CBS News, when he said he would be focused on pressing issues like access to clean water since “most of the threats from climate change are 50 to 75 years out.”The EPA denied the Sierra Club’s FOIA request in June, saying the request “fails to adequately describe the records sought.”“Your request does not seek specific… Read full this story
- Will concern about climate change affect the presidential race?
- Climate change hard to deny, says ex-EPA head
- Patten Free Library to host Bath man’s talk on climate change
- 5 Easy Lifestyle Changes That Could Help Tackle Climate Change
- Climate change finally took center stage in 2020 race
- Our Climate Change Opportunity
- Poor countries hit hardest by climate change
- Solutions to Climate Change Cannot Overlook This One Key Factor
- Climate change burden unfairly borne by world's poorest countries
- Eugene youth protest climate change as part of global strike
Sierra Club sues EPA over claim that climate change 'is 50 to 75 years out' have 281 words, post on thehill.com at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.