The Chicago Teachers Union (CTU) followed through on their earlier threats and went on strike on Thursday, forcing the cancellation of all classes for the 361,000 K-12 students who attend Chicago Public Schools (CPS). “CTU has told us they are moving forward with a strike, which means classes will not be in session tomorrow,” CPS said in a tweet sent out late Wednesday: CTU has told us they are moving forward with a strike, which means classes will not be in session tomorrow. To ensure students have safe place to stay and access to free meals, all school buildings, along with other city sites will be open. More info-> https://t.co/q0nQPR7VLL pic.twitter.com/0npHvevfaa — ChicagoPublicSchools (@ChiPubSchools) October 16, 2019 The Chicago Tribune provided this description of the day’s events: The Chicago Teachers Union is on strike and negotiations will continue Friday after a day of marches and negotiations failed to produce a deal. Earlier in the day, a city source expressed optimism about reaching a deal as talks renewed. During a break in negotiations, CTU President Jesse Sharkey said bargaining had been productive, but that it was highly unlikely a deal would be reached by the end of the day. CTU Vice President Stacy Davis Gates confirmed… Read full this story
- Boris urges commuters to 'stay the course' in face of rail strikes amid class war rant
- Nightmare for parents as 70,000 teachers go on strike in NSW to demand better pay and reduced workloads - forcing schools to SHUT
- Train strikes: 'Extremely likely' more strikes on cards warns RMT boss Mick Lynch
- At least six dead in shooting amidst 4 July parade in Chicago suburb
- First class stamps undergo major change - why are they now purple with a barcode?
- Striking a Pose
- 'Only care about themselves' Economic impact of devastating RMT strikes laid bare
- Boris Johnson: Students who miss exams because of rail strikes should get second chance
- In Chicago, Building A Bridge to College
- 'He's not representing the workers' LBC caller slams 'invisible’ Starmer over RMT strikes
#RedforEd Teachers Strike in Chicago, Classes Are Cancelled have 334 words, post on www.breitbart.com at October 18, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.