VADODARA: Former Indian skipper Mithali Raj has become the first woman cricketer to have an international career lasting more than 20 years. She achieved the feat as she stepped on the field during the first ODI of the three-match series between India and South Africa at the Reliance Stadium in Vadodara on Wednesday. She scored 11* as India won the match by eight wickets against the Proteas. Mithali, who made her ODI debut against Ireland on June 26, 1999, has completed 20 years and 105 days of her career in the 50-over format. This was Mithali’s first game for India since March. She is also the only female cricketer to have played ODI cricket for over two decades. The right-handed batter holds the record for playing the maximum number of ODIs in women’s cricket. She has played 204 ODIs till now and is followed by England’s Charlotte Edwards (191), Jhulan Goswami (178), Alex Blackwell (144) of Australia. The 36-year-old has represented India in 10 Tests and 89 T20Is as well. Last month, Mithali retired from T20I cricket Overall, legendary Indian batsman Sachin Tendulkar holds the record for having the longest ODI career — 22 years and 91 days. He is… Read full this story
- Anu Ranjan & Shashi Ranjan's ITA Awards Completes 20 Years; TV Fraternity To Come Together To Celebrate
- Karisma Kapoor gets nostalgic as her film 'Zubeidaa' completes 20 years; says 'a lifetime of cherished memories'
- Thug, 37, who beat his old primary school headmaster to a pulp after harbouring 20-year grudge is back behind bars for drug dealing
- Hina Khan On Completing 12 Years In The Industry: I’ve Forgone Huge Amounts Of Money To Be Where I’m Today
- Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas reunite to celebrate 20-year anniversary of Save The Last Dance
- Capitol rioters face 20 YEAR sentences for sedition and conspiracy: FBI FINALLY addresses MAGA mob riot and says it DID tell Capitol Police about the siege plot as prosecutors vow to charge hundreds
- ‘Every Day Is So Hard:’ Family Of Missing 20-Year-Old Kaylene Oehling Holds Private Vigil
- South Korean court confirms 20-year term for ex-president Park
- Pressure builds on China to release Uighur doctor Gulshan Abbas, who is sentenced to 20 years in jail
- Bangladesh vs West Indies: Shakib Al Hasan set to return to International cricket
Mithali first woman to complete 20 years in international cricket have 361 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at October 9, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.