GRETA Thunberg has been tipped to win the Nobel Peace Prize as bookies slash the odds on her taking the gong. Ladbrokes and other betting shops suggest the teen climate campaigner is the front runner for the illustrious honour, just a week after she launched a furious tirade at the United Nations. Her launch of the school strike that has inspired millions of kids to take Fridays off from school is believed to be the main reason for her being the favourite. The 16-year-old Swede started the “Fridays for Future” movement to demand action be taken to combat global warming and is currently taking a year off school to focus on campaigning. Greta started the strike alone outside the Swedish parliament in Stockholm last August and has gone on to become one of the most recognisable faces in world affairs. She already has an honour to her name after winning Amnesty International’s highest “Ambassadors of Conscience” human rights award last month.”What she has done over the past year is extraordinary,’ said Dan Smith, the director of Stockholm international peace research institute SIPRI. “Climate change is an issue which is strongly related to security and peace.” But experts are still divided… Read full this story
- Greta Thunberg Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize After Losing Last Year
- Ethiopian PM Wins Nobel Peace Prize as Fans of Greta Thunberg React: The Fight Has 'Just Begun'
- Greta Thunberg nominated for 2020 Nobel Peace Prize by Swedish MPs
- Malala Yousafzai: What does the Nobel Peace Prize nominee stand for?
- More than 300 people nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Climate activist Thunberg heads growing field of Nobel Peace Prize candidates
- The world is on fire, says teenage activist Greta Thunberg at UK climate change rally
- Malala Yousafzai and Greta Thunberg finally met, and the two activists were fast friends
- Greta Thunberg brings Bristol to a standstill: Thousands of children skip school to attend UK climate rally as teenage activist tells 30,000 crowd she 'will not be silenced when the world is on fire'
- Greta Thunberg's UK rally could grow so large that standard safety measures to protect demonstrators 'may not be adequate', police and local officials warn
Greta Thunberg tipped to win Nobel Peace Prize next week after berating world leaders with furious UN climate change speech have 352 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 3, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.