Jon Gallagher says his friendship with Zak Vyner and Greg Leigh made it easy for the trio to slot into Aberdeen’s midfield together. The Dons produced arguably their best performance of the season to defeat Motherwell 3-0 at Fir Park. The triumvirate were influential to the result achieved by the Reds in Lanarkshire. Boss Derek McInnes was short of central midfield options due to the suspension of Lewis Ferguson, injuries to Funso Ojo and Scott Wright, with Craig Bryson and Stephen Gleeson only being fit enough for the bench. That meant McInnes pitched defenders Vyner and Leigh into holding midfield roles, with Gallagher operating just in front of the duo. Despite Vyner and Leigh being played in unnatural positions they performed superbly, with the Bristol City loanee scoring the third goal and the man on loan from NAC Breda setting up the first. Gallagher, on loan from Atlanta United, enjoyed playing beside Vyner and Leigh and says it was easy to strike up a relationship in the middle of the park. The Irishman, 23, said: “Credit has to go to the boys next to me because the two of them were excellent. “The three of us just helped one another…. Read full this story
- Shooting star lights the way to global success for Thai football
- Playing for Vancouver Whitecaps has been ‘a dream come true’, says Alphonso Davies
- Lampard will succeed as Chelsea manager, says Terry
- Winners and losers from the Premier League's best season
- Kendrick and Feig like their comedy with a twist
- A $4.5 billion corruption scandal allegedly linked to a Goldman Sachs exec who married Kimora Lee Simmons is coming to an end
- Childhood friends Cavallini and Osorio reunited with Canada
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 31
- Scotland club bosses miffed over release of Australia players
- Premier League predictions: Liverpool or Manchester City? Kane or Aguero?
Friendship with Vyner and Leigh made makeshift midfield work says Aberdeen loan star Gallagher have 298 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at October 22, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.