FIFA president Gianni Infantino has demanded “new, stronger and more effective ways to eradicate racism in football” in the wake of the abuse suffered by England players during their Euro 2020 qualifier in Bulgaria, calling for worldwide life bans for those found guilty of racist behaviour.UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Bulgaria and England following Monday’s match in Sofia, which was stopped twice as Bulgarian fans made Nazi salutes and directed monkey noises at black England players. Charges against the Bulgarian Football Union (BFU) include the racist behaviour, throwing of objects and disruption of a national anthem by home supporters, and showing replays on a giant screen.The English Football Association has been charged with disruption of a national anthem, as well as providing an insufficient number of travelling stewards.Infantino said in a statement: “I call on all football governing bodies to join us and think together of new, stronger and more effective ways to eradicate racism in football.“As a starting point, I suggest that all competition organisers enact regulations which envisage life bans from stadiums for those who are found guilty of racist behaviour at a football match. FIFA can then enforce such bans at a worldwide level.”Following UEFA’s anti-racism… Read full this story
- Italian president hints that new snap election could turn into a referendum on EU and euro
- The Latest: China calls new Trump tariff threat 'blackmail'
- President issues call to action on drugs, creates tipoff centre
- Unfair Treatment of Morocco in Russia is a Sign of FIFA’s Ongoing Corruption
- Morocco hopes Trump factor trumps United’s money as FIFA meets for vote
- [Explainer] VAR makes major wins at 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Peru Abuzz About First World Cup In 36 Years
- What Does FIFA Really Want Out Of This World Cup?
- Barred From Stadiums at Home, an Iranian Activist Enters a New World in St. Petersburg
- Saudi women in Russia to support team, reinforce new image
FIFA president Infantino calls for new effective ways to eradicate racism have 322 words, post on feeds.breakingnews.ie at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.