Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan today threatened Europe he will send 3.6 million refugees to the continent if the invasion of Syria is defined as an occupation. ‘Hey EU, wake up. I say it again: if you try to frame our operation there as an invasion, our task is simple: we will open the doors and send 3.6 million migrants to you,’ Erdogan said in a speech to parliament on Thursday. He bragged that 109 ‘terrorists’ had been killed, as the defence ministry announced two border villages had been ‘cleared of terror,’ referring to Kurdish fighters. The invasion has been widely condemned around the world, with European leaders and President Donald Trump warning Erdogan he risked exacerbating suffering in the war-ravaged region and allowing ISIS to flourish after the US-backed Kurds ousted the jihadists earlier this year. Kurdish authorities have claimed last night’s shelling of a prison holding ISIS fighters of more than 60 nationalities was a ‘clear attempt’ to help them escape. ‘These attacks on prisons holding Daesh (ISIS) terrorists will lead to a catastrophe the consequences of which the world may not be able to handle later on,’ the statement said. Turkey’s commandos moved against Kurdish militia last night… Read full this story
- Refugees in Germany: Fleeing Syria and Bashar Assad's henchmen
- Turkey-Greece Maritime Squabble Risks 'Unfortunate War'
- Five Years After Alan Kurdi, Refugees at Highest Number Since World War II
- 'Assad has ruined everything': Inside the buffer zone keeping a tenuous hold on stability in northern Syria
- Turkey and Greece war is ‘just a matter of time’ Erdogan ally warns as navies face off in Mediterranean
- Erdogan warns Greece against taking ‘path to ruin’ as navies face off amid war fears in Mediterranean
- Italian coastguard sends help to Banksy-funded migrant rescue boat
- EXCLUSIVE: Gruesome Syria photos may prove torture by Assad regime
- U.S. Troops in Syria Stuck Fighting 'Forgotten War' for Oil as Russia Advances Around Them
- Homegrown suicide bomber is identified after his FINGER was found among the Bataclan concert hall carnage: Father-of-one, 29, was radicalised by Belgian hate preacher at mosque in France
Erdogan's threat to Europe: President says he will send 3.6 MILLION refugees to the continent if Turkey's invasion of Syria is defined as an occupation, as he boasts '109 terrorists' have died have 338 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.