Dementia is a syndrome (a group of related symptoms) associated with an ongoing decline of brain functioning. Its impact on a person’s cognitive function tends to cause symptoms such as memory loss and confusion. While dementia cannot cannot be prevented, research suggests making certain certain lifestyle choices can reduce a person’s risk and delay the onset. It is well understood that exercise plays a key role in keeping a person’s mind sharp, but what is the best type? According to a Mayo Clinic study published in Mayo Clinic Proceedings, any exercise that gets the heart pumping may reduce the risk of dementia and slow the condition’s progression once it starts. Researchers examined the role of aerobic exercise in preserving cognitive abilities and concluded that it should not be overlooked as an important therapy against dementia. The researchers broadly defined exercise as any aerobic activity that raises the heart rate and increase the body’s need for oxygen. “We culled through all the scientific literature we could find on the subject of exercise and cognition, including animal studies and observational studies, reviewing over 1,600 papers, with 130 bearing directly on this issue. We attempted to put together a balanced view of the… Read full this story
- Dementia symptoms: When is memory loss a sign of the brain condition?
- Dementia warning signs: Seven early signs of dementia - Oxford study reveals new symptom
- Covid new strain symptoms: Four coronavirus signs that are often 'mistaken' for dementia
- Bay Area scientists explain why the delta variant is 'COVID on steroids'
- Bay Area counties urge employers to require universal COVID-19 vaccination policies
- What highly vaccinated Singapore's 75% breakthrough rate might mean for Bay Area
- Even if you're unvaccinated, indoor activities now much less risky in Bay Area, experts say
- Bay Area counties target racism in the maternity ward
- How safe is outdoor dining with new Bay Area variant spreading? Experts explain risks
- How long will new Bay Area mask mandate last? It may depend on your county.
Dementia: Best exercise to keep symptoms of the condition at bay have 325 words, post on feedproxy.google.com at October 1, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.