Good Thursday morning. Vanity Fair just published its latest New Establishment list , and those riding high include Jeff Bezos, Susan Wojcicki of YouTube and Ted Sarandos of Netflix. (Was this email forwarded to you? Sign up here .). Facebook must censor content worldwide The E.U.’s top court ruled this morning that an individual country can order the social network to take down content and restrict global access to that material, Adam Satariano of the NYT writes. It expands Europe’s role as the world’s digital cop. The European Court of Justice’s decision came in a case involving an Austrian politician who wanted Facebook to remove disparaging comments about her that had been posted on an individual’s personal page. It’s a defeat for Facebook and other digital platforms, placing more responsibility on them to patrol their sites for content deemed illegal. And it widens Europe’s ability to govern global tech companies, though it comes days after the same court ruled that the E.U.’s “right to be forgotten” privacy law does not extend beyond European borders. ____________________________ Today’s DealBook Briefing was written by Andrew Ross Sorkin, Michael J. de la Merced, Lindsey Underwood and Stephen Grocer. ____________________________ Why there’s still reason to… Read full this story
- Sri Lanka on 'Brink of Economic Collapse' as War in Ukraine Deals Low Blow to Covid-Hit Coffers
- Putin dealt hammer blow as EU turns off energy taps with THREE crippling Russia bans
- Ukraine war LIVE: Huge blow for Putin as city 're-taken' – two top Russian commanders dead
- Facebook whistleblower doesn’t believe tech students should avoid working for the social media company
- Kremlin 'partially restricts' Facebook access in response to US tech giant's 'censorship' of its state media
- ‘Complete collapse of supply’ Europe faces food shortages as Ukraine war rages
- EU'S BIG MISTAKE: Ex Swedish PM says Brussels move to boot UK out of Galileo is FOOLISH
- This Week’s Election Could Blow the United Kingdom Apart
- Brexit project fear dismantled: No deal projections are 'overblown and misleading'
- Tuesday morning news briefing: Russia 'used vacuum bomb'
DealBook Briefing: Europe Deals a Big Blow to Facebook have 340 words, post on www.nytimes.com at October 3, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.