VADODARA: Skipper Mithali Raj and Punam Raut smashed impressive fifties to guide the Indian women’s team to a series-clinching five-wicket win over South Africa in the second ODI on Friday. India first restricted South Africa to a competitive 247-6 after electing to field and then returned to overhaul the target with two overs to spare and take an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match series. Pacer Shikha Pandey (2/38), left-arm spinner Ekta Bist (2/45) and leg-spinner Poonam Yadav (2/42) returned with two wickets each to keep the visitors to a below-par score. Chasing 248 to win, the Indian women lost openers Priya Punia (20) and Jemimah Rodrigues (18) early to slip to 66 for two in 12.5 overs. However, Punam (65 off 92) and Mithali (66 off 82) resurrected the chase by sharing a 129-run partnership for the third wicket. Marizanne Kapp (1/29) broke the stand when she had Mithali caught by Laura Wolvaardt in the 40th over. In the next over, Punam too departed when she holed out to Kapp off Ayabonga Khaka, leaving India at 196 for four in 40.1 overs. Harmanpreet Kaur then hit an unbeaten quick-fire 27-ball 39, laced with five boundaries and a six, to… Read full this story
- India vs West Indies: 2nd ODI: Kohli leads India past Windies as Gayle breaks Lara's records
- 3rd ODI: Imam-ul-Haq's Debut Ton Powers Pakistan To Series-Clinching Win Against Sri Lanka
- 2nd ODI: Sri Lanka Seal Series Against Bangladesh With Easy Win
- India vs West Indies: 2nd ODI: As it Happened: India defeat Windies to clinch second ODI
- SA vs SL 2nd ODI Highlights: South Africa Beat Sri Lanka By 113 Runs
- Jasprit Bumrah Displays Fierce Art Of Death Bowling In 2nd ODI Against Australia - Watch
- India vs South Africa: Amol Muzumdar appointed South Africa batting coach for India series
- 2nd ODI: Virat Kohli Reveals His Plan With MS Dhoni, Rohit Sharma To Restrict Australia In Chase
- Smriti Mandhana Applauds Mithali Raj For Taking Pressure For So Long
- 5,000 runs and counting... It's Mithali's raj!
2nd ODI: Mithali steers India to series-clinching win over SA have 316 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at October 11, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.