It’s that time of year where students across Australia are FRANTICALLY preparing for their final Year 12 exams. To celebrate the graduating cohort, let’s take a walk down memory lane and see what Australia was like when they first started school. 1. The year was 2007 and John Howard was the prime minister of Australia. 2. Happy Feet won an Academy Award for Best Animated Feature. 3. And filming for Baz Luhrmann’s Australia had just begun. 4. Australian Idol was still on TV and Natalie Gauci beat out Matt Corby to take out the top prize. 5. Big Day Out was still in full swing, with Tool, Muse and The Killers headlining. 6. But there was uproar over the organisers decision to “ban” the Australian flag at the festival. 7. The Chaser Boys were arrested for their Osama bin Laden stunt at the APEC summit. 8. The last episode of Bert’s Family Feud aired. 9. While shows like Sea Patrol, Farmer Wants A Wife, and The Morning Show premiered. 10. The PlayStation 3 was released, as was the iPod Classic. 11. And nearly everyone was sporting a flip phone like this. 12. Avril Lavingne performed “Girlfriend” at the Logies. 13…. Read full this story
- What vaccines does my child need to start school?
- Mission COMPLETE! Hayabusa2 capsule carrying samples from distant asteroid lands in Australia six years after taking off in bid to find clues to the origin of the solar system
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia felicitates Class 12 govt school vocational studies toppers, gives this message
- Trump lays out election-fraud case in online video: 'Bad things happened'
- 'Staff backlash' over Eton headmaster 'Trendy Hendy's' 'aggressively woke' cultural revolution to overhaul 580-year-old public school - as 1,000 pupils sign petition to reinstate sacked teacher amid Freedom of Speech row
- Ex-Debenhams worker shares store secrets & some gross things happen in the changing rooms
- #ProsperityOnThePlateau: Free education for 15 years from pre-school to high school
- In Drake Davis abuse case, SEC and LSU president were warned two years ago about school's inaction
- India vs Australia 3rd T20I - As it happened: Swepson, Wade, Maxwell help hosts to consolation win
- India vs Australia 1st T20 Highlights: Natarajan, Chahal's three-fors; Rahul-Jadeja exploits hand India 11-run win
24 Things That Happened In Australia When The Current Year 12 Started School have 352 words, post on www.buzzfeed.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.