brexit countdown_bg Created with Sketch. Boris Johnson shut down Parliament for five weeks today amid chaotic scenes, after humiliatingly losing his latest bid to trigger a snap election. The PM accused ‘yellow belly’ Jeremy Corbyn and Remainers of ‘conniving to delay Brexit’ – jibing that they ‘can’t hide forever’ from the people’s verdict. After the result in the early hours of the morning, he vowed that he will defy the ‘device’ of the new Remainer law against No Deal and stick to his ‘do or die’ vow to get the UK out by October 31. Mr Johnson said opposition parties had decided they ‘know better’ than the public. He insisted he would go to an EU summit on October 17 and ‘strive to get an agreement in the national interest… this government will not delay Brexit any further’. The brutal attack came as Mr Johnson again failed to gain enough support in the Commons for a snap poll. He fell well short of the required two-thirds of MPs – 434 – with backing from just 293. It was the sixth full division in a row that the PM had lost, as he endures a baptism of fire. Parliament is now… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson promises £465 tax cut for 31million workers if he wins General Election
- Why is Jeremy Corbyn seen as so unelectable by so many British voters?
- Boris Johnson is gearing up to try what Theresa May failed to do: crush the saboteurs
- Labour MPs savage Jeremy Corbyn and his 'economically illiterate' policies in fiery Commons meeting and tell him every day he stays harms the party more - before Tony Blair says party needs 'not just a new driver but a new bus'
- 'I'm just off to see the Queen... it's always a tough interview!': Boris Johnson records video message on his way to Palace - to tell her 'dithering' Jeremy Corbyn and 'paralysed Parliament' means Britain needs election to get Brexit done
- Emily Thornberry and Keir Starmer enter race to replace Jeremy Corbyn: Arch-Remainers launch savage assault on leader's 'disastrous' election campaign - that THEY helped run
- Boris Johnson urges ‘closure’ over Brexit & vows NHS will be top priority so Britain can ‘heal’ after historic poll win
- Boris Johnson slams Extinction Rebellion's 'nose-ringed crusties in hemp-smelling bivouacs' amid fury at police for failing to stop eco-mob shutting down swathes of London despite 321 arrests
- Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal backed by MPs and Britain is set to leave the EU in 42 days
- UK: Boris Johnson's deal 'crosses the Brexit finish line'
'You can't hide forever!' Boris Johnson vents fury at 'yellow belly' Jeremy Corbyn after MPs BLOCK his latest bid for snap election - then SHUTS Parliament for five weeks saying he will REFUSE to extend Brexit despite Remainer law have 414 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 9, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.