Nottinghamshire had to score 11 runs from 12 balls to reach the final of the Vitality T20 Blast. They had eight wickets in hand – and, actually, 10 runs would have been enough to win on fewer wickets lost, with no super over used. Put it all together and Notts had a 99 per cent chance of victory from that point, according to CricViz. And yet, somehow, they conspired to lose their semi-final to Worcestershire. The precocious Pat Brown, whose coterie of variations underpinned Worcestershire’s Blast triumph last year, was entrusted with the 19th over. Dan Christian smote a slower ball to mid-off, where Moeen Ali took a fine catch. Rather than take an easy single, Tom Moores leathered his second ball to long on. Then, Steven Mullaney was run out after charging back for a second run and ignoring Ben Duckett’s urges to turn back. Even with only four from the 19th over, Notts needed just seven to win – and six to reach the final – from the last over by Wayne Parnell. But, on a sluggish pitch, Duckett and Samit Patel could not land a decisive blow. And when Duckett turned down an attempted two from the… Read full this story
- Eoin Morgan's gambler instincts engineer England's remarkable comeback
- Tottenham 3 West Ham 3: Lanzini stunner completes incredible comeback from 3-0 down to spoil Bale’s big homecoming
- PIERS MORGAN: Trump is right, the 1619 Project promotes fake history and if Democrats keep trying to make Americans feel ashamed of Independence Day and back BLM protesters who scream at white diners, Biden will be history too
- Sports news feed: Alexander Zverev reaches US Open final
- What's the greatest over ever bowled in a T20? Is it a Malinga one?
- Five memorable T20s in the UAE
- Why is the BBC trying to bury Oscar Pistorius's atrocity? Furious family of Reeva Steenkamp blast broadcaster over very sympathetic portrait of the ex-Paralympian who shot her
- CPL 2020: Semifinal 2: St Lucia Zouks set up final meeting with Trinbago Knight Riders
- Melania finally campaigns at rally alongside Donald in Tampa - in front of maskless crowd of 6,000 who are so tightly-packed that they have to be sprayed with water to keep them cool
- Chris Gayle becomes first player to smash 1000 T20 sixes as Rahul, Maxwell, Pooran cross IPL milestones
Worcestershire complete one of the most remarkable comebacks in T20 history to claim place in Blast final have 371 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at September 21, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.