The latest new TV tech is called mini-LED, and it will be available for the first time in TCL’s 8-Series, shipping this October. With the promise of better contrast, mini-LED could offer improved picture quality compared to “standard” LCD-based TVs, at a cheaper price than OLED TVs. We’ll have to wait for the reviews to determine how well mini-LED actually performs, but even if it falls short of OLED, mini-LED is potentially a big deal.While TCL is first TV maker out of the gate with a mini-LED TV, it probably won’t be the last. Mini-LED’s advantage, aside from a snazzy new name, is that it’s actually affordable. It’s an evolutionary technology, not a revolutionary one, and draws on existing LCD TV technology.Here’s how it works, and why it’s so cool.Mini-LED is not MicroLEDBefore we get started, know that mini-LED and MicroLED are not the same thing. MicroLED is a cool future tech that’s reserved for rich people today, while mini-LED will be shipping in TVs this October starting at $2,000. MicroLED displays, like Sony’s Crystal LED and Samsung’s The Wall, use millions of LEDs, one for each pixel. Essentially, you’re looking directly at the LEDs which are creating the picture. And while each… Read full this story
- What to watch: Your ultimate guide to the best TV shows to watch while in isolation
- The Art World’s Mini-Madoff and Me
- How 50 Cent and a Feminist Action Hero Are Finally Putting Starz on the Map
- Billionaire Kylie Jenner Bought Her Christmas Decorations from Target — Shop Her Favorites!
- Which of These Four Types of Self-Quarantine Streamer Are You?
- Best Buy 3-Day Sale: Up to 55% off iPad, Beats Studio 3, MacBook Air, and more
- Michelle Keegan reveals lonely final days of filming Our Girl
- FMIA Week 15: Mike McCarthy Gets Creative To Prepare For His Next Shot
- eOne Music's Chris Taylor On New Owner Hasbro, Rapid Expansion and Why They Won't Sell Death Row
- iPad, iPad Air, and iPad Pro on sale for up to $100 off — but not for long
What is mini-LED and do you want it in your next TV? have 342 words, post on www.cnet.com at September 28, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.