Besides, it has planned to establish other four branches in Hanoi, Vinh Phuc, Dong Nai and Ho Chi Minh City this year, raising its total branches in Vietnam to 14.
|Woori Bank, a subsidiary of the Republic of Korea’s Woori Financial Group, will open its new branch in Da Nang on October 18. (Photo: Yonhap)|
The bank opened its first branch in Hanoi in 1997. Last year, it was licensed to establish six new branches to increase business activities in Vietnam.
Currently, in the Vietnamese credit system, there are nine banks with 100 percent foreign capital, namely ANZ, Standard Chartered, Shinhan, HSBC, Hong Leong, Public Bank, CIMB, Woori Bank and UOB.
Over the past three years, two banks from the Republic of Korea, Shinhan and Woori Bank, have been actively expanding their network in Vietnam.
- Da Nang quarantines two persons from coronavirus-hit areas
- 30 troupes to compete at Da Nang Int'l Lion Dance Festival 2019
- Da Nang cancels int'l fireworks festival due to coronavirus fears
- Cruise passengers enjoy Da Nang sans coronavirus jitters
- Five more investigated for Da Nang-Quang Ngai expressway issues
- Silver Spirit cruise ship with nearly 200 European tourists visits Da Nang
- Saigon, Da Nang quarantine 83 from South Korean epidemic hub
- Da Nang hotel fined paltry sum for hiding 16 Chinese nationals
- Vietnam probes Hong Kong coronavirus case following Da Nang visit
- Da Nang cancels annual fireworks festival amid coronavirus fears