HÀ NỘI — The Việt Nam Basketball Federation (VBF) has announced a preliminary list of 18 players to compete at the coming Southeast Asian Games later this year in the Philippines.
The team will be cut to a roster of 12 prior to the tournament.
Among them 11 are overseas Vietnamese who have been playing in the Việt Nam Basketball Association (VBA) league like brothers Tâm Đinh and Sang Đinh, Justin Young, Khoa Trần and Stefan Tuấn Tú.
Saigon Heat, the nation’s first professional team and Việt Nam’s representative in the ASEAN Basketball League since 2012, have six players in the squad.
Kevin Yurkus and three Vietnamese assistants will coach the team. Yurkus is the technical director of the VBF and head coach of the Heat in the ABL.
Yurkus won the VBA 2018 as coach of the Cantho Catfish and won best coach of the year in 2017 and 2018.
The players will meet for a training camp later this month in HCM City. They will have two months to prepare for the regional competition. VNS
- All the Android games announced at E3 2019
- PS Plus February 2019 Games Announced Today? Predictions Include 'The Last Guardian'
- Epic Games announces $100 million prize pool for Fortnite esports
- Epic Games announces cross-play developer tools for 2019
- Yacht Club Games announces several new Shovel Knight projects
- Terrifying 'Blair Witch' game announced for Xbox and PC
- Watch: Chicago AAU Basketball Squad Brawls with Refs in Atlanta
- Sekai Games Announces Their Lineup Of Future Titles At E3 2019
- Every PlayStation VR game announced at Gamescom 2019
- These are all the Android games announced at E3 2018