A performance at the Muong Lo Cultural – Tourism Festival
The event was attended by Politburo member and permanent member of the Secretariat Tran Quoc Vuong among other Party, State, National Assembly and Government leaders.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Chairman of Yen Bai Provincial People’s Committee Do Duc Duy emphasised that the Muong Lo Cultural – Tourism and Mu Cang Chai Terraced Fields Festival has become a unique cultural and tourism product of the locality for many years.
The festival has been more and more attractive to both domestic and foreign visitors, he added.
A majestic art programme, themed “The quintessence from legend’ set the stage elaborately, combining the creation of artists with 3D mapping technology on the LED screen.
The delegates and visitors were impressed by performances imbued with cultural identities of ethnic groups in the southwestern region, especially a mass performance of a Xoe folk dance featuring the participation of 5,000 people.
During the six-day event, visitors will have the opportunity to enjoy special performances with the participation of 600 professional and amateur actors and actresses from nine districts, towns and cities in the province. The performances will highlight the cultural values of people from all ethnic groups in the localities.
On the occasion, various attractive activities will also be held, including a paragliding festival at Khau Pha pass in Mu Cang Chai; the Tu Le Com (green rice flakes) pounding festival; a ceremony to receive the certificate recognising Giang Pang tea tree in Sung Do Commune, Van Chan District, as a national heritage tree; and adventure tourism activities.
- Cultural Tourism Market
- Bates Dance Festival opens with free concert and lessons
- Cultural Spring Festival fed bodies, minds and souls
- Queer Spectra Arts Festival Opens Door to Vital Conversation
- Out & About: Bach Virtuosi Festival opens summer music season
- Rose Festival opens four-day run in Roselle
- Lake Charles Pirate Festival opens today
- Newport Beach Film Festival opens in red-carpet style
- Tribeca Film Festivals Opening Night – The Apollo from HBO
- Sawdust Festival opens for summer season