Joaquin Phoenix stepped away from an interview about his upcoming film Joker after he was asked about the controversial movie potentially inspiring violence. The latest delve into the mind behind one of Batman’s biggest adversaries has been gaining rave reviews and high praise, including a surprising Golden Lion win at the Venice Film Festival last month. But the movie has also earned some criticism for the violence it portrays, and the sympathy shown to its murderous main character. In an interview with U.K.’s The Telegraph, journalist Robbie Collin asked Phoenix if he was worried the movie might “perversely end up inspiring exactly the kind of people it’s about, with potentially tragic results.” “Why? Why would you…? No, no,” Phoenix said before leaving the room, according to Collin. The Telegraph reports Phoenix left the interview for an hour as he talked to a press agent with Warner Bros., the studio behind the Todd Phillips-directed film. The outlet reports the actor returned and explained he panicked because he did not consider the question. PEOPLE is out to Warner Bros. and Phoenix for comment. Image zoom Joker Niko Tavernise After the film’s Toronto International Film Festival premiere earlier this month, Collider’s Perri Nemiroff… Read full this story
- Joaquin Phoenix plays Jesus in a new film. Here's one thing he refused to do.
- Joker trailer: Joaquin Phoenix's take on classic villain revealed
- Batman fans believe upcoming Joker movie will win Joaquin Phoenix an Oscar after incredible new trailer drops
- Phoenix from the flames: A racey base in Cork with a lodge and stables
- Victims of Ireland’s worst fire tragedy ask for new inquest
- Leaving Neverland: everything we know about the new Michael Jackson documentary airing on Channel 4 tonight
- 5,000 interviews, 200 indictments, and ONE Mueller report
- Jobs Guru: How can I be confident in interviews?
- Full transcript of Clodagh Hawe family interview with RTÉ's Claire Byrne
- Full transcript of Clodagh Hawe family's harrowing interview with RTÉ's Claire Byrne
Joaquin Phoenix Leaves Interview After Being Asked If have 325 words, post on people.com at September 23, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.