In New Orleans Saints country, an Atlanta Falcons hat proved to be a key piece of evidence that tied a Baton Rouge man to the July 2015 armed robbery of a store clerk and the attempted armed robbery of a hotel security guard two hours later, a prosecutor told a jury Tuesday. East Baton Rouge Parish Assistant District Attorney Ryan Volo also told jurors in his opening statement that the Comfort Suites security guard wrestled a black pistol from Jonathan Robertson, a gun that Volo alleged was the same gun Robertson used earlier to rob the Cracker Barrel convenience store clerk. What Volo couldn’t tell the jury is that the gun was traced to the fatal June 2015 shooting of two Texas women in Baton Rouge, and that Robertson is charged with two counts of second-degree murder in their deaths. Baton Rouge man indicted in 2015 killing of two Texas women A Baton Rouge man has been indicted in the 2015 killing of two 23-year-old Texas women found fatally shot in a parked car on Boone Avenue. Robertson, 29, is standing trial this week only on single counts of armed robbery and attempted armed robbery, crimes that carry up to… Read full this story
- Louisiana Supreme Court to decide if Baton Rouge serial killer's death voids his conviction
- `Prove it,' Highland Road couple's accused killer told detective in 'death by zip tie' case
- 81 killings in 2019, 149 in 2021: What's driving Baton Rouge's record high murder rate?
- As 'death by zip tie' trial nears end, prosecutor tells accused killer he 'stood there' while couple died
- In LSU basketball player Wayde Sims' killing, Baker man gets April 4 trial date
- Livingston sex crime trial: Ex-deputy pursued 'threesome' with defendant, victim, prosecutors say
- Ex-teacher who 'destroyed families, gets 41 years for sex crimes involving ex-deputy
- The Pete Maravich Assembly Center at 50: A look at what it has seen, and where it's headed
- Cowboys 2022 offseason tracker: Free agency scorecard, NFL Draft updates, insight, rumors and much more
- Why More and More Black Families Are Homeschooling Their Children
Atlanta Falcons hat looms large at accused killer's Baton Rouge trial have 330 words, post on www.theadvocate.com at September 17, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.