|A scene in film “Skin of youth” directed by Nguyen Phuong Anh|
The two films have been named among the best 29 projects in the APM which are to be introduced in Busan, the Republic of Korea (RoK), from October 6 to October 8.
The event is running as part of the 24th Busan International Film Festival which will take place in the RoK between October 3-12.
“Skin of youth” is set in Vietnam in 1990s and tells the story of San and Nam who live in a society which holds strict and conservative values regarding the issue of gender. Both take on illegal work in order to afford their transgender lifestyle.
The film is directed by Nguyen Phuong Anh, who gained recognition, but has also faced a number of controversies, following the release of his film the “Third Wife”.
“Picturehouse” marks the return of director Nguyen Vo Nguyen Minh who rose to prominence following the release of “Water 2030” in 2013. He also participated in the Busan International Film Festival in 2014.
- Vietnamese films to be introduced at Busan film festival
- Venice Film Festival 2019 highlights
- Silent films that speak volumes: A Weimar cinema retrospective
- Head of Berlinale on the film festival's most unforgettable moments
- The President review: satire, suspense and gusto - Venice film festival
- Cannes festival organizers sign pact for gender parity
- Hanoi Drama Theatre win prizes at Pohang Bada International Theatre Festival
- Horror high: 32nd Tokyo film festival unveils a new brand of Asia’s scariest movies
- Phan Gia Nhat Linh to judge Japanese film fest
- Four debut films make the WIP cut for NFDC Film Bazaar 2019