Aditya Dhar made his directorial debut with 2019 blockbuster Uri: The Surgical Strike. Uri: The Surgical Strike director Aditya Dhar, who is currently in LA, said his phone hasn't stopped ringing ever since he was declared the Best Director at the 66th National Film Awards. But the writer-turned-director is happy taking calls and messages even at 4 am in the US. "15 years of failures, rejections and hard work has lead to this moment and it just can't get better than this," Dhar shared. Aditya Dhar made his directorial debut with Uri: The Surgical Strike, which released in January this year and went on to become the first blockbuster of the year, also finding a place in the top-grossing films of 2019. Starring Vicky Kaushal, Mohit Raina, Yami Gautam, Paresh Rawal and Kirti Kulhari, the film revolves around the 2016 Uri attacks and had Kaushal's Major Vihaan Singh Shergill leading a strike on militants to avenge the killing of Indian soldiers. https://images.indianexpress.com/2020/08/1×1.png Also Read | National Film Awards 2019: Ayushmann Khurrana and Vicky Kaushal win Best Actor award Dhar further said, "Being conferred with the National Award has been a dream since the time I understood what films meant to… Read full this story
- National Award-winning film-maker Rima Das's 'Tora's Husband' set for world premiere at TIFF 2022
- Rima Das’ ‘Tora’s Husband’ to have world premiere at Toronto International Film Festival
- Sanchari Theatre to organise three-day festival in memory of actor Sanchari Vijay
- Ukraine LIVE: Zelensky's troops steal Putin's prized tank... then use it against Russia
- Charming locals to find backroad stories, the secrets to California travel from John Bartell
Uri director Aditya Dhar on winning National Film Award: Dedicate it to every brave soldier have 273 words, post on indianexpress.com at August 10, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.