The event to be held at Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park in March, the UNESCO World Heritage Site, is aimed to promote the nature and people of Quang Binh and as well as contribute to raising the site’s value.
Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park
According to Tran Cong Thuat, chairman of Quang Binh People’s Committee, the organising board needs to ensure the safety for the site. The marathon will run through many famous sites in Quang Binh such as Tra Ang Bridge, Tam Co Cave and Moc Stream. Quang Binh Provinces plans to organise the competition annually. Quang Binh is also holding Cave Festival 2019 which started on July 20 and will end on August 20. The province has set a goal to attract 4.3 million tourists this year, including 250,000-300,000 foreigners, bringing revenue of VND4.95 trillion.
- Flower farmers in Quang Binh busy ahead of Tet
- Quang Binh cracks down on drug trafficking
- Over 3,000 runners join Vietnam Trail Marathon in Son La
- Tens of thousands expected to join Cambodia’s Victory Day
- Quang Tri border force seizes 7,400 meth pills trafficked from Laos
- Madurai set to run plastic-free marathon
- Running your first marathon can reduce your heart age by 4 years
- PV GAS: Joining hands for a community without plastic wastes
- Vietnam Trail Marathon to attract over 3,000 runners
- Thousands of illegally-transported mobile phones seized