I have dogs. I have four dogs. I have four dogs in New York City. In my defense, it happened by accident. See, I had two and my husband had two, so we Brady Bunch-ed them when we got married. I love them equally but this piece will focus on the eldest, Gixer, who's 10-and-a-half. (I may refer to him here by one of his many nicknames: Jiggy, JigPig, Gixy, Jiggy Pie, Jiggus McPiggus, Jiggus M. Piggus Attorney at Dog, Bird, Turd, Bubba. He might have a couple more by the time I finish writing.) A few weeks ago, I was in the park with Gixer when a man and his young daughter walked by. "That dog looks so old," the man said as he passed. I felt a pang in my chest. Despite my best efforts to freeze time, my boy is ageing and it shows: His beard and eyebrows have gone white, he moves with arthritic stiffness, he's got a bum knee that causes him to limp sometimes. His eyes are a bit cloudy, though his vision is still good, and he has a few fatty lumps just below the skin – benign lipomas that come with age…. Read full this story
- Dakin helps dogs, cats from southern shelters find homes
- Here’s how to keep your dogs, cats and other animals calm on fireworks nights
- How much debt would you take on to save your pet? $2,000? More?
- Veteran's pet dog Louie helps him adjust to post-military life
- Here are some tips for flying with your pets
- Irish animal rescue centres in crisis as number of abandoned pets increases daily while funding drops
- Area pets available for adoption (PHOTOS), Sept. 12, 2019
- These adorable pets are ready for adoption at Pope Memorial SPCA
- Meet the playful pets who spent their Christmas at Battersea Dog’s Home and are now looking for a loving new home
- Playing fetch could be harmful for dogs’ legs, researchers warn
Older dogs and cats require extra TLC – here’s how to take care of an ageing pet have 323 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at August 4, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.