JAKARTA: Indonesia’s President Joko Widodo will make the final decision on whether the country brings forward an export ban on mineral ore, the minister in charge of mining said on Tuesday (Aug 13). The ban is currently due to come into force in 2022. “The president’s decision is expected sometime in the future,” Luhut Pandjaitan, coordinating minister for maritime affairs and responsible for the mining ministry, told reporters on Tuesday. “We are awaiting the president’s order.” Pandjaitan favours bringing forward the ban from 2022 as it is aimed at attracting investment into the smelting industry. “In the current trade war condition, we need to attract as many investors as possible,” he told reporters. Earlier on Tuesday, Pandjaitan said the revision to the mineral export rule is currently being drafted. Pandjaitan declined to specify whether the timetable will be changed for all exports of ore and concentrates or only for certain ores, such as nickel, which is mostly used as a material to make stainless steel. Indonesia’s Nickel Miners Association said bringing forward the ban would disrupt revenue flow for miners which they depend on to finance smelter investments. Panjaitan said the 13 operating nickel smelters should have enough capacity to… Read full this story
- Coral exports ban: Threat or opportunity for sustainability?
- Senate rejects Trump’s plan to lift ZTE export ban
- Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production’s President in Armenia: Textile sector moves forward
- Muslim Ban: Déjà Vu of 1650s Quaker Scare
- UK Supreme Court Says Northern Ireland's Abortion Ban Is Incompatible with Human Rights, but Won't Repeal
- Mining woes: Karnataka iron ore companies unable to clear stocks
- BJP bids to revive Goa iron mining, bypass Supreme Court ban
- Malaysia's Mahathir revives possibility of joint car project with 'closest neighbour' Indonesia
- India, Indonesia agree to triple bilateral trade to $50 billion
- Trade & Exports Of Pakistan, Food For Thought
Indonesia's president to decide whether ore export ban to be brought forward have 301 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at August 13, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.