Representatives from Quang Ninh and Clipper Ventures, the UK-based operator of the Clipper Race, August 5, signed a co-operation agreement for the race.
Visitors on Ha Long Bay
Quang Ninh will become the official partner of the race, starting from the 2019-2020 event. The province will also establish a Ha Long Bay-Vietnam team to join the competition, which is the longest ocean race in the world. Through the programme, the group is expected to promote Quang Ninh Province’s tourist sites, especially the World Heritage Site Ha Long Bay. The team members will wear Ha Long Bay branded clothing. Under the agreement, the Quang Ninh team will continue participating in the contest and Ha Long Bay will be among the destinations of the 2020-2021 race.
The 2019 – 2020 Clipper Race will start from London and run through many other cities such as Portimao in Portugal, Punta del in Uruguay, Cape Town in South Africa, Fremantle and Airlie Beach in Australia, Sanya in China, New York in the US.
The race is scheduled to last a year with the departure from London on September 2.
- Donald Trump has debuted a new ‘world of charts,’ so we looked at how honest they are
- The Air Force is considering a step it has long avoided to ease its deepening pilot shortage
- Two world endurance races in Sebring in 2019
- Disney has dropped PewDiePie, the world’s highest-earning YouTube star, over anti-Semitic videos
- The latest sign that Apple has long-term ambition to break into the transportation industry
- Supt. Marcos has long been involved in drugs - PNP chief
- 7 secrets of booking a cheap flight, from a family that has been traveling the world for over 3 years
- Australian football chief says 2022 World Cup race ‘not clean’
- Katie Ledecky had to wait at the finish line for 97 seconds before the last-place swimmer finished a World Championships race
- Wild and wet world road race battle expected