Not exactly two peas in a pod. Photo: Bill Clark/CQ Roll Call It’s no secret that Senators Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren pull from the same base. They are Senate allies and friends, and have conspicuously refused to criticize each other on the 2020 presidential campaign trail. They are both scourges of Wall Street and inveterate critics of what some progressives love to call corporate Democrats, have close ties to the labor movement, and are calling for a pretty significant break from bipartisan foreign policy and national security conventions. So for voters trying to choose between these two New England progressives — and for other Democratic primary voters who may eventually be driven toward either or both of them — the differences between them are sometimes subtle and implicit rather than obvious and explicit. Aside from the obvious difference in gender, and a relatively small but perhaps significant difference in age (both are over 70, but only Sanders would turn 80 in a first term as president), they have stylistic differences that affect the nature of the coalitions they are assembling for 2020. Bernie with his fiery, no-compromise approach famously does well among under-30 voters, and is doing better than… Read full this story
- Elizabeth Warren Claps Back at Elon Musk
- Elizabeth Warren Calls for Court-Packing After Breyer Retires
- Candidates, Please Steal* Elizabeth Warren's Climate Plans
- Stormy Daniels Will Run Against Michael Avenatti if He Runs for Prez. Right Now, She Backs Elizabeth Warren
- Pussycat Dolls star Kimberly Wyatt has a 'secret weapon' for Dancing On Ice success
- Arizona Democratic Party executive board censures Sinema
- Five Democrats the left plans to target
- Kelly pushes back on Arizona Democrats' move to censure Sinema
- Democrats calls on Biden administration to ease entry to US for at-risk Afghans
- Donna Brazile: 'No evidence' that Democratic primaries were 'rigged'
Elizabeth Warren’s Secret Weapon: She’s All In As a Democrat have 291 words, post on nymag.com at August 27, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.